In 1990 Al and his family formed the Maag Toy Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that collects new toys for needy children.
- In 2012 Al joined the board, now president at the Miracle League of Arizona, where handicapped kids go to play baseball.
- Al served on the board of the MVP Foundation, an Arizona-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that leverages the power of professional sports to provide opportunities, support and resources to children and families in need.
- Board member 2011, Goodwill (Arizona)
- Board member 2001 to present, Phoenix Sports Commission including Hall of Fame Awards Program co-host with Jerry Colangelo
- Taliesin West steward of Frank Lloyd Wright's national landmark in Scottsdale.
Professional board involvement:
- Al has served as chairman of the national board of the Business Marketing Association (BMA) for 2011-12 and founded the organization's Phoenix, Arizona, chapter. He initiated the BMA’s successful regional seminars and led the growth of the organization in many areas. He was hired as national executive director in 2013. After merging with the ANA Al will continue to serve the national BMA as its chapter development and special projects executive.
- Arizona Technology Council, Governor's Awards Chair in 2009 & 2010
Annual B2B 16-inch Softball Classic
- Growing up in Chicago, just about everyone played Chicago’s game – 16-inch softball. Al brought the game to Phoenix 10 years ago with the first 16-inch B2B (business-to-business) Softball Desert Classic. Men’s and co-ed teams from businesses in the Phoenix area come out to this annual event to compete for prizes, meet one another and to enjoy playing and watching. All proceeds from the tournament benefit local charities.
- Al is the co-founder of the 16-inch Softball Hall of Fame, based in Chicago.
- Al is a long-suffering Chicago Cubs fan, thereby giving back to the community and contributing to the economy with season tickets and travel to games all over the U.S.
MaagCommplus is always looking for ways to make a positive impact on its community. We are your one-stop-shop for improving your marketing and fundraising strategies. We start by learning about your purpose and mission, guaranteeing that your mission will be behind everything we create for you. According to your needs, we create a strategic marketing plan that will spread your message to a wider audience and drive people to share in your cause. If you need help at your next event call us!